In this LIVE Zoom webinar, we discussed:
- Types of STANAG 6001 / SLP / JFLT exam writing tasks
- Typical SLP writing challenges (and how to deal with them
- What is a real needle mover when it comes to writing exam
At the end of the webinar we had a Q&A session (starts in 01:04:00) and I answered questions related to:
- getting stuck while writing (not having ideas what to write about)
- not knowing anything about the STANAG 6001 writing topic given (and how to prevent it)
- how to avoid loan translations (language calques, Spanglish)
- my unpopular opinion on SLP Writing tasks in some countries (oops!)
Remember: Improving your writing does not happen miraculously, neither overnight.
It’s the result of the implementation of the strategies and learning from the FEEDBACK given. And doing it again (and again)! Every time a little bit better and with someone having your back in the process. ☺
Ready for the Writing makeover? Take the first step and ENROLL TODAY in the SLP Writing Course!
This course is THE STANAG 6001 Writing ROADMAP that you have been looking for.
It’s a hybrid of a traditional online video course and a self-practice with teacher’s support – you receive detailed and personalized feedback and guidelines on what to work on!
It’s based on 4-STEP FORMULA which I have tested and found extremely effective:
- SLP Theory
- The Theory part contains: videos where I discuss: SLP writing types, characteristics, structure, useful expressions, DOs & DON’Ts, STANAG 6001 model writings and – a cherry on the cake – I carry out GUIDED WRITING SESSIONS.
- The Implementation stage is YOUR WORK TIME. That’s when you use all the knowledge in practice by completing SLP exam tasks. You send me your work.
- The Feedback stage is when I analyze your writing, provide you with constructive feedback on your grammar, vocabulary choice (providing more advanced vocabulary pieces according to the style), collocations, style and spelling
- Finally, the last part is when after having analyzed my feedback, you prepare the second version of your text, following all the guidelines, tips and corrections. This way you can see immediate improvement and understand HOW to upgrade your STANAG 6001 writing by taking action again.